Discover the gorgeous, UNESCO-protected Central Highlands of Sri Lanka on a private day trip from Kandy. Traveling with an informative personal guide, head into the island’s lush hill country, famous for its tea estates, exotic flora, waterfalls and cool mountain climate. Learn about tea production and sample some varieties at a Nuwara Eliya tea factory, and stop to admire the spectacular Ramboda Falls. In the afternoon, enjoy a leisurely visit to the Hakgala Botanical Gardens and Gregory Lake before concluding with a drive back to Kandy.
- Private Central Highlands day trip from Kandy, with an expert local guide
- Soak up Sri Lanka’s iydllic, emerald-green hill country and cool mountain air
- Admire the crashing Ramboda Falls, one of the world’s highest waterfalls
- Learn about Sri Lanka's celebrated tea and taste some delicate varieties at a Nuwara Eliya tea factory
- Wander through the peaceful Hakgala Botanical Gardens, a haven of exotic blooms and plants
- Relax and stroll around Gregory Lake, a scenic lake framed by rolling hills
- Enjoy the undivided attention of a private guide, with personalized commentary